Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Replacements

Some great stuff from 1981. They don't make bands this good anymore. Nice to see Bob Stinson alive, too, and at least looking healthy. This is mostly in order, although I got tired of doublechecking the track listing, so...

Takin' a Ride

Careless

Somethin' to Du (I love the lead-in imitating Bob Mould's guitar style)

Kids Don't Follow

Customer & Rattlesnake

Goddamn Job & Junior's Got a Gun
"Goddamn Job" is my theme song these days.

Maybelline

I Hate Music & Stuck in the Middle


D.E.A.D. & Shut Up & Raised in the City

Johnny's Gonna Die (A bit out of tune, eh? But that's part of their greatness)

Dope Smokin' Moron

Otto

I'm In Trouble

Slow Down

1 comment:

just me said...

Oh man, I'm in a Replacements coma now! Awesome. Nobody makes music even half as good anymore.