Friday, January 18, 2008

Checkmate

I played my chess computer this morning, barely managed to beat it. It's a Sharper Image portable chess computer, something I wanted for Christmas, something to keep my brain sharp. I used to play chess a lot as a kid and a teen, although I wasn't a stellar player. I thought it would be a good thing to get back into to help my aging brain.

The chess computer calls itself "Chessica" -- I love that. As it stands...

Dave 2
Chessica 1

She almost had me this morning, but I managed to beat her in the endgame. There are many different levels of difficulty in the program. I think she's slightly better than I am in the current configuration, which isn't saying much, since I'm very out of practice. I was sweating while playing, so that must be a good sign, forcing my brain to work.

Oddly enough, I saw that Bobby Fischer has died.

1 comment:

just me said...

Chessica - what a great name! I'm catching up on my blogging and blog reading. Finally updated mine! I agree that you have to keep blogging every so often just to keep the domain your own. I don't want anyone else to have "within your reach."