Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lunch Bunchin'

Got together with Shallot, Homegirl, and the Plebe at Hackney's. Twas a good time, although people seemed tired, those of us who work for a living, that is!

Hackney's had decent bar food, although the Old Fashioned I'd ordered wasn't as good as the others I've had. Their Manhattans were better, and I had three of them, got a mild buzz; I'd already had a one-drink headstart on everybody else since I'd gotten there about 15 minutes earlier.

The Plebe is apparently getting married in mid-August. That was the big bombshell of the evening, delivered to Shallot and me while Homegirl was in the restroom. Smooth as ever, Plebe! I guess he and the She-Plebe had been engaged for some time, with a dog as the token of their engagement, instead of an engagement ring, by her design. They're getting married in Osh-Kosh, and Shallot and Homegirl laughed about crashing his wedding. It certainly would be surreal, no doubt, given the aura of absurdity that surrounds the Plebe wherever he goes.

Shallot and I rode the train home, which was uneventful, just chit-chatting. I was pretty tired by then. They've been doing movie filming in our neighborhood all week, dunno what movie they're doing it for.

Speaking of movies, B2 broke the DVD player! The little scamp had yanked the door of the player out, and I couldn't get it working again. Fortunately, such players are dirt-cheap these days, so I ordered another one, which should hopefully reach us by next week, fingers crossed.

I think the Lunch Bunch refugees should do a seasonal dinner -- Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring. That might be cool, and would be easy to remember. I'm sure the Plebe would fink out on 90% of those, but it would be fun. We just did Summer, so Fall would be next, like sometime during September - November. No muss, no fuss.

2 comments:

Foxy Knitter said...

I still can't believe he did that while I was in the restroom. *grumble* I agree with you--it'll last 2 years, and then they'll be in divorce court.

just me said...

If that's who I think it is, then I'm pretty shocked. I wouldn't marry a man who wouldn't let me touch him on the arm!