Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Another Time, Another Place

I dunno. Feeling summery. Need some fresh air. Maybe all the biking I've been doing has inspired me. Who knows?

Talked with Aphrodite some today; she's really nice. I might get some Dolmades at some point. Score! Turns out, she's a lover of cooking, too, so that's a good opportunity. She's also fluent in Greek, which is impressive, but it fits her background, of course. I wish I were fluent in something other than sarcasm and irony. Ah, well.

175 miles ridden after today, weather permitting.

I'm loving this. Rot in hell, music industry! The music industry is dead! Long live music! Note to industry: musicians don't need you, anymore! Ha-ha!

2 comments:

Foxy Knitter said...

You could always take German lessons at the Goethe Institute. You already know enough that it wouldn't be that hard to get back into it.

Daibh said...

Meh. Those frickin' Germans have a word for everything! Ach, du liebe! I'd never be fluent, though -- that linguistic window gets nailed shut after about 9 years of age. Fortunately, my boys will be multilingual.

Like so much, our generation got short-changed on language education.