Monday, August 6, 2007

LA-LA-Land

Tomorrow we're on our way to California, visiting the folks. Hopefully that'll go well. It'll be the one time you hear me quoting an Indigo Girls song ("Airplane")...

Up on the airplane nearer my god to thee
i start making a deal inspired by gravity

if i did wrong i won't do it again
i can be sweet and good and nice
and if i had
enemies they're friends
i hold onto my life with the grip of a vice
up on the airplane
nearer my god to thee
i start making a deal inspired by gravity
that little spot on
the ground
is my hometown
i like to call it my home and it's sweet
i'd rather take
a seat
down there than a throne up here
up above 30,000 feet and i'm up on
the airplane
i never should've read my horoscope
or the fortune on the bubble gum
strip
saying what you think won't happen will
great thing to read before a trip
on an
airplane pilot says the big blue sky's like a swimming pool
big fluffy clouds like
a feather bed
i'd rather have a real pillow underneath my head
lying in my bed

which is in my hometown
which is on the ground
far from an airplane
far from an
airplane
up on the airplane up on the
(i'll be making a deal)
up on the
(i'll be making a deal)
up on the (i'll be making a deal)

1 comment:

Foxy Knitter said...

HA! You'll be fine. It's funny--I was talking to a co-worker earlier today, and her entire family is terrified of flying.