Saturday, July 21, 2007

Dude, I'm screwed!

Tsarina dropped the bomb on me yesterday, though in a weirdly indirect manner, owing to miscommunication. Anyway, instead of doing the job of two people, I'll be doing the job of three people, once Splints leaves Bizarroworld. They keep ratcheting it up, seeing how much I can take until I break. Hopefully I can get something lined up before I have to do too much of this; Splints leaves in early August, so the heat is on. But the list of infamy grows...
  1. Passed over for a managerial promotion
  2. Junior person made my boss
  3. My position is to be eventually eliminated
  4. I'm given more work than I can possibly do
  5. Another effective demotion is imminent as I take on the additional workload, since the junior person I'll be working with will think of it more like I'm working for her
I think there are some things I'm forgetting in this, some other insults to what pride I have left. Man, I wish I could jump back into time and tell them to blow it out their ass when they offered me my current position. I remember telling Folding Chair when it was offered to me, "You know, this will be like a qualitative demotion." and she said "Oh, I do not think anybody will see it that way." But in practice, that is exactly how it turned out. Fool that I was in 2002, I thought my hard work would be rewarded. In my next job, I think, just to mix things up a little, I will try to be as nearly useless as possible, so I can run the company in a few years.

I'm still ironclad until the hammer falls, but I really don't know how I'm going to do this.

2 comments:

just me said...

That sounds absolutely inhuman. Hopefully you can take flight soon.

Did I ever mention that I got to see one of your cohorts the last time I was in town? If I have my nicknames straight, I believe it was Jungle (UDG can confirm). For some reason he reminded me of a fussy department store manager from a 1950's sitcom.

Foxy Knitter said...

HA! Yeah, that was Jungle.

Bizarroworld just keeps getting more and more bizarre. I hope you can find something else soon. *fingers crossed*