Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My new thing

My way of getting through my day these days is lots of e-mail, web-surfing, YouTube, and daydreaming. I'm multi-shirking! Now, how is that different from my usual shirkage? I dunno -- I'm more readily able to blot out that I'm even here. Like I was doing some mental revisions of the fantasy book, working things out in my head, which occupied me even as my fingers flew on the work that I was doing. I guess I'm familiar enough with the work I do that I can do it on autopilot, which is nice, even as I'm looking for something elsewhere.

One annoying thing, however: one of the rooftop a/c units for our building (our half of it, of course) is on the blink, so it's been frickin' humid over here, and fairly warm. Not too pleasant. Glad I wore seersucker today, I guess.

I biked to work yesterday and this morning; the weather's been great for it. I can definitely tell I'm getting stronger and fitter from all the biking -- by week's end, I'll have biked nearly 360 miles in about five weeks! Woot!

Music: Joy Division, "Decades"

2 comments:

just me said...

Multi-shirking - HA!! I've become addicted to YouTube as well, although it has to wait till after work hours. Right now I'm on a cheesy '80 hair band music video kick.

Foxy Knitter said...

I don't even bother to try to hide the YouTube from my boss any more. She knows I'm disgusted and disgruntled.