Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Time/Space Distortions

Tsarina dropped by, asked me how I was doing. I told her I was okay, commented how, with TB and Postal gone, all I had for company were some journals next door in an empty cubicle. She commented that when Leona was back, it'd be lots busier, and that this was simply the calm before the storm. But, she said "At least it'll make the day go faster." I rolled my eyes in disgust.

They're going to try to work me out of a job. I'm not going to get stressed. I'm not going to run faster on the hamster wheel. I'll get what I can get done, keep looking for work elsewhere, and that's that.

Tomorrow we have a transition meeting; we'll see if anything worthwhile comes of it. Odds are they'll talk about the jumpstarted transition plans, and what they intend with that. Lordy, let my liferaft float my way soon.

Music: The Last, "Every Summer Day"

4 comments:

Foxy Knitter said...

Wait, Postal is gone already? I thought she was there through early August. Or maybe I'm getting her confused with another person who's jumping ship.

Daibh said...

Sorry; Postal was out today; she's not gone-gone until August.

Daibh said...

And by "today" I meant "yesterday."

Foxy Knitter said...

Ah, I see.